1752785 Members
5948 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HELP CONFIGURING THE DELL MONITOR RESOLUTION

Reggie Bautista
Occasional Advisor

HELP CONFIGURING THE DELL MONITOR RESOLUTION

I have a dell monitor that i couldn't configure to a True Color quality. When I click on the down arrow to show the Color Quality, I don't have a choice but to pick the only one available which is 16 (bit) only. How do I get the 32 bit and the True color quality to show under monitor Settins? I have other monitors of exactly the same brand and they do show all three qualities (16 bit),(32 bit), and (True color). I thought about the drivers, but the I think the drivers have nothing to do with it, eventhough they might. I check them and they seem to be working fine. What else? Thank YOu in advance....Reggie Bautista
19 REPLIES 19
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Reggie:

The video card determines those capabilities first. If the configured video card doesn't support them, then they won't appear even if the monitor does support them. Get the correct video card displayed by installing the proper driver (tell us what computer you have/what video card you have) and perhaps we can help.

It's also possible your video card doesn't support more than what is shown.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Reggie_5

HEY ROGER,

First of all, thank you for your quick response. Getting back to the problem, I have a Windows 2000 Pro environment running on a Dell system. I checked the video card and monitor drivers and settings, but everything looks fine. I have attached some screenshots of the peripherals. Ther are in Microsoft Word format. Please take a look at them. Thank You Rogger......

Reggie
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Reggie:

I would try this video card driver: http://www.ati.com/support/products/pc/rage128pro/win2k/rage128prowin2kdrivers.html?type=2k&prodType=graphicтИП=products2kdriver&submit.x=9&submit.y=8

and the monitor driver from here: http://support.dell.com/filelib/format.aspx?releaseid=r22300

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Reggie:

May I introduce you to the ITRC Forums 'points system'. Please click on the 'how to earn points' link in the blue sidebar to the left of this screen. Consider assigning points to answers that have helped you.

Thanks.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Reggie:

Sorry about the canned message. I just remembered you know how to award points. Thanks again for that 'virtual' champagne.

Roger

BTW, did you resolve your video resolution problems?
Make a great day!

Roger
Reggie Bautista
Occasional Advisor

Roger,

I've tried those web pages and downloaded the updated drivers from dell, but I still can get it to show the 1024x768 pixels. It only allows me for 800x600 pixels. All the specifications from that video card are the same than the ones on the other 9 PCs. I don't understand what I need to to anymore. It seems as if it was somthing simple, but can't find the solution yet. I am about to remove the video display adapters and reinstall them back. This may or may not help. Any other suggestions?

Reggie
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

Reggie Bautista
Occasional Advisor

Sorry Genesh,

The link you've provided didn't help much since my computer is running Windows 2000. The link is for Win 95 & 98. Thank You anyway. If you know about getting this to work on the 2000 Professional, please let me know.

Hi,

What is the model number of your monitor and system?
This page has all the Dell monitors listed also with there specs and other files.
http://support.dell.com/us/en/docs/index.asp?cc=3
You may need to log in to get to the page.

Darrell
http://home.pacbell.net/dbk4297/