3269 Online
108791 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HELP CONFIGURING THE DELL MONITOR RESOLUTION

Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi,

check the refresh rate. Maybe it is set so high, that the monitor is not capable of showing this resolution at true color.

just a thought,

Michael
Reggie_5

Michael,

How do I check the refresh rate? Would you be so kind to tell me? I looked for an option to give you and the rest points but I can't see anything. I loged in and i'm not able to see the dropdown menu of 1-10 points. How do I see this dropdown menu? I really want to give points but my screen is not showing any options. It just reads as "unassigned".

Reggie
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Reggie,

right-click on desktop, choose properties, choose settings, choose extended and then you should find in the middle a tab for monitor, where you should be able to change the refresh rate. Since my version of windows is German, the names for the menus could be slightly different. Also see the monitor tab in the attachment of your post?

greetings,

Michael
Reggie Bautista
Occasional Advisor

Michael,

I've done the refresh rate many times. I just didn't know that changing the pixels size was called "refresh" Thank you anyway
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Reggie:

The reason you're having trouble assigning points is that you have two different Profiles (one is Reggie Bautista and the other is Reggie). You created the thread as Reggie Bautista and now you're logging in as Reggie, which the forum assumes is a different person. Most people do this because they lose/forget their username/password. If you contact HP, they can help recover that kind of information.

HTH

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Reggie Bautista
Occasional Advisor

Thank You guys,

for helping me try to solve my problem. Nothing help until I found the Windows 2000 resource Utility and Driver Diskette. I inserted the cd and fixed the monitor problem. Thank You again.......Reggie Bautista
Michael Schulte zur Sur
Honored Contributor

Hi Reggie,

the refresh rate has nothing to do with pixel size. It is, how often per second the monitor refreshes the screen. It is measured in HZ(Hertz). Nice to hear, the problem is solved.

greetings

Michael
Reggie Bautista
Occasional Advisor

Hey Guys,

Is me again. I have a new problem with one of the Optiplex GX240 systems from Dell. One of the workers here was working on an excel spreadsheet when the system froze. Thereafter, the sytems just hangs. I have to keep the power button pressed for several seconds until it shuts OFF. The Ctrl+Alt+Delete combination doesn't work anymore that's why I have to keep the Power button pressed until it goes Off. When I start-up the computer again, it goes through the boot-up process. But when it gets to the Windows 2000 Professional screen, the status bar reaches the 100%, but it then hangs and again I have to keep the button pressed until it goes OFF. I try booting it with the Win 2000 Pro CD to repair with the console or completely reintstall Windows and it does not allow me to becasue when is about to read from the CD ROM, it hangs and stays like that until I boot again. I thought for a moment it was probably the Hard Drive, but it is not becuase I contacted the manufacturer Western Digital and they gave me a utility(Life Guard Diagnostics) tool and tested the drive. All test were successful. I don't know what to do next. Now I am thinking that the Win .INI file might be missing. Please help!! Reggie
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Read the safemode.doc file available at this URL:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/administration/management/safemode.asp

If you need an emergency recovery disk you can make one on another PC of the same model and it will usually work OK.

Ron
Reggie Bautista
Occasional Advisor

I already did the Emergency Diskette and tried it and nothing worked. Thank you for the sugguestion anyway. HELP HELP!!