1748209 Members
2785 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

HP DL380 network adapter

nicola75
Occasional Advisor

HP DL380 network adapter

I have a problem with one server HP DL380.
This server has two HP NC7781 LOM network adapters.
I have installed Proliant Support Pack for NIC teaming between the two available adapters but this software doesn't recognize them (the error is "[?]HP NC7781 ").

The version installed are:
1)driver NC7781 version 8.39.0.1
2)management network utility version 8.15.0

Any suggestion?

Thanks for your help.

15 REPLIES 15
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: HP DL380 network adapter

Hi:

If you're running W2K3 32-bit, go here and get the latest downloads:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/locate/69_5911.html

Otherwise, go here and click on your OS to get the latest drivers, etc:

http://h18023.www1.hp.com/support/files/networking/us/family/model/5911.html?lang=en&cc=us

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
nicola75
Occasional Advisor

Thank you very much, Roger.
The latest management utility is the 8.20.0.0 and yesterday I have dowloaded and installed the version 8.15.0.0.
I hope this new version support my network adapter NC7781 LOM version driver 8.39.0.1.

Later I'll try to change the management network utility...

Another question is:
need I reboot the server after installing the new network utility?
(maybe the network utility software recognize the network adapters only rebooting the system).

Any idea?...suggestion?
Thanks.

Nicola75

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

I don't know the answer to your reboot question for sure but I would think a reboot would NOT be necessary. Also, did you notice the newer driver (8.48.0.0)?

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
nicola75
Occasional Advisor

Hi Roger,

I'll try with the latest network adapter driver and network utility.

Thanks

Nicola75
nicola75
Occasional Advisor

Hi Roger,
I have installed the newer driver and network utility but I have always the same message in the network config. utility (for teaming the two adapters in NFT team): "[?]NC7781".

I have actually one adapter enabled on local network and the other one is not phisically connected yet to the switch.
Maybe the problem is this?...
...but I have another server (for our tests) with only one network adapter and the HP network utility installed on it. In this case the network adapter (NC7760) is OK.

I don't know which could be the problem.

Regards

Nicola75
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Hi:

I would think both NICs should be connected to the switch to get satisfactory results.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
nicola75
Occasional Advisor

Hi Roger,

I'll connect the second adapter to switch in a second time because the two servers are located in the customer data center.
I hope with this operation to solve the problem.
I'll keep you informed later.

Thanks

Nicola
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Nicola:

I'm getting confused. I thought we were talking about teaming 2 NICs in the same server. Is that not the case?

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
nicola75
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
you are right, I want two NICs teamed (NFT team) but in this moment one network adapter is not connected to the switch and it is used only one adapter.
Now I cannot connect the second adapter because the server is in the customer data center and the customer don't want I connect the adapter to the network...so I'll think the problem is this.

In the future the two NICs teamed of one server there will be in Network Load Balancing Windows 20003 with the another two NICs teamed of the second server.
For you is possible to have two NFT team in NLB Windows 2003 (IP NLB)...the goal is fault tolerance on two network adapters and IP load balancing with Windows 2003.

Best regards,

Nicola