Networking
1748151 Members
3556 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: HP Intelligent Network Pack License?

Mike Blaszczak
Advisor

HP Intelligent Network Pack License?

I was reading the HP Network Teaming Whitepaper at ftp://ftp.compaq.com/pub/products/servers/networking/TeamingWP.pdf

This whitepaper says that, to utilize Dual Channel teaming, I must install an Intelligent Network Pack license. The document gives this link to the license: http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantessentials/inp/index.html

However, that page says the product is retired.

How do I enable Dual Channel teaming on my ProLiant server network adapters?
3 REPLIES 3
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Mike, Dual Channel is no longer supported as the INP was retired since NCU 8.80. The whitepaper probably needs to get updated.
Mike Blaszczak
Advisor

That's very surprising. I would've chosen different hardware, had I not been misled by the whitepaper.

What performance options are available currently? How do I find information that I can be sure is correct? Is port teaming simply no longer available in the HP network card line?
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

NIC teaming still available, the only retired product was INP. With NCU youi can use u different team modes, where SLB or 802.3ad will give you redundancy and performance, both modes will require all the NICs to be connected to same switch or stack of switches. Besides that you can use NFT or TLB Mode.

There is another option that I've seen working, I guess is not supported or similar... Using 4 NICs, team mode auto, 2 NICs going to one switch, both switch interfaces configured as LACP Channel, the other NICs going to another switch with the same config, you will end up getting 4Gb Tx and 2Gb Rx.