1753267 Members
5169 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion

HP NIC Teaming

Hausgnost Josef

HP NIC Teaming

Hi everybody!

I have a little tricky problem. I have plugged 2 additional nics in my DL 380G5 and i want to configure 2 teams with two nics in each of them! For more performance i´d like to configure each team with LACP and for redudancy i´d like to connect each team to a different swicht!
So, i tried to create a team with this two teams included, but in the software there is no chance to make is possible!
Any ideas?
Thanx David
5 REPLIES 5
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

Re: HP NIC Teaming

Are you trying to create a team of teams? if so, it is not possible anymore. Best you can get will be 2 different LACP teams, where both NICs on each team must go to the same switch, and the switch ports must be configured for LACP.
Hausgnost Josef

Thanks for the response!

But how can i handle the fault tolerance - when i configure to teams with lacp, i want only one IP Address for the server!
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

If you need a single IP, then you will have to create a single team, if you do it that way, the 4 NICs should be going to same switch, and the interfaces should be configured as an LACP Channel group, you will get 4Gb Tx/Rx. With this config there is no protection against a switch failure. You can try a non-well known team mode, you can configure a single team, auto mode, then configure a 2 ports LACP channel on each switch, with this config, you should get 4Gb Tx and 2GB Rx, thats the best you can get.
Hausgnost Josef

Thank you for your response!

Is there a problem with this config when i dont have Spanning Tree Protocol enabled?
Nice greetings ....
Lmm_1
Honored Contributor

No, actually Spanning-tree portfast should be enabled on all those ports.