4904 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Impact of increasing tcp_smallest_anon_port

UX-ADM
Occasional Contributor

Impact of increasing tcp_smallest_anon_port

Dear All.

As Siebel reserves some port in same range where wbem and CIM reserve port for there process on 11.31 (range 49152 -49200) , so as per application requirement we want to raise tcp_smallest_anon_port value to 50001. Before moving ahead with change, i want to know if anyone can share what could be potential impact of raising parameter value except reduction in number of empheral port. 

It will be helpful if anyone is having different opinion to deal with this requirement. 

Hope to hear from Gurus 

Regards

SA

2 REPLIES 2
Turgay Cavdar
Honored Contributor

I don't really get why you want to raise the value of  tcp_smallest_anon_port to  tcp_smallest_anon_port. We have several siebel application servers and oracle wants from us to set the value to 1024.

UX-ADM
Occasional Contributor

Hi Turgay,

It was first question asked by me also to our apps team and they come up with Oracle document where its was suggested Siebel Financial Services CRM - Version: 7.8.2.6 release to increase tcp_tcp_smallest_anon_port value to 50001. 

I am still not fully convinced with there reply and asked them to work with oracle for a work around. In the meantime i want to analyse any potential impact of this change.

Regards

SA