1751971 Members
4548 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Infiniband Card Firmware, where?

Scott Giddens
Advisor

Infiniband Card Firmware, where?

Has anyone been able to re-flash an Infiniband card inside HP-UX?

I had read somewhere it would re-flash it after boot when the kernel was rebuilt.

I had it in a Windoz system that erased it somehow.

HP-UX says it is un-flashed.
5 REPLIES 5
Sameer_Nirmal
Honored Contributor

Re: Infiniband Card Firmware, where?

What kind of Infiniband card you are using ?
Scott Giddens
Advisor

HP AB286C PCI-X 2-port InfiniBand Host Channel Adapter for HP-UX

It appears to be using the Mellenox Infinihost chip. The HP-UX driver is IB4X-00 B11.23.09.

I was using it in a Windows 2003 R2 64 bit server with the OpenIB drivers for the Infinihost chip then when I placed it in a HP-UX system it waas no longer reconized as an HP card. I assume it got re-flashed with OpenIB firmware.

Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

All supported firware is found at the HP Bussiness Support Website.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=460708тМй=en&cc=us&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=460713&prodTypeId=12883

Scott Giddens
Advisor

Been there. I also Googled it.

The firmware is in the driver but how do you force an update of the firmware for a PCI slot device inside HP-UX?

What HP commands like "olrad" can I use to add, remove, initialize or simply run diagnostics on i/o cards? What log shows any errors as to why the Infiniband card does not get "claimed" by the ib_t driver?

Give me an example of how ANY re-flashing of PCI devices is done in HP-UX.
Tim Nelson
Honored Contributor

Maybe something here would help
http://www.docs.hp.com/en/netcom.html#Fabric%20Clustering%20System%20for%20InfiniBand

The firware/sw update is a typical swinstall installation requiring a reboot. The installation notes on the bizsupp website have instructions, albeit vague.