1753416 Members
5250 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Internet Connectivity

Mike Patty
Occasional Advisor

Internet Connectivity

I have a BL20p G2 this is setup as one of our domain controllers and it doesn't see the internet. When I ping a web site the DNS resolves but it times out. I tried switching the IP address from static to DHCP, then back and still not luck. I was going to try removing the TCP/IP protocol next, but I thought I would seek some help before trying that.
4 REPLIES 4
Oleg Koroz
Honored Contributor

What you use for interconnect, had you select right NIC and correct wiring on the back? It's initial Install or it was working previously?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Your problem can be caused by:

Incorrect routing configuration.
Incorrect default gateway configuration.
Firewall configuration.

Use the pathping command or the tracert command to verify where the connection is stopping.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Mike Patty
Occasional Advisor

I have ten blades divided between two enclosures. This is the only blade that cannot access the internet. It has been a few months since I tried to connect to the internet, but it did at one time. I'll try the tracert to see what happens.
Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

This is somtime's due to ICMP being blocked on the firewall, That explains why the name can be resolved but the ping times out, as DNS is allowed out and ICMP isn't.

But this means that the internet will still work, Just you won't be able to ping anything externally.

Where there is a will there is a way...