108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NETLOGON error 5719 (c000005e)

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

NETLOGON error 5719 (c000005e)

One of my servers 'froze' over the weekend, and the only event in the logs of any substance was the following:

"The computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller in domain **** due to the following. There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request"

The server itself is a member server running Windows 2003 SP1.

Any ideas much appreciated.
3 REPLIES 3
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Re: NETLOGON error 5719 (c000005e)

May need to check if netlogon is running or other diagnostic commands like dcdiag and all of the error is at all servers.
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!
Stuart M. Garland
Occasional Advisor

Anshumali,

Thanks for the reply, and please accept my apologies for the delay in getting back to you.
This server is not a DC, but I did find something interesting after running 'netdiag'. It was complaining the the 'redir & browser' tests were failing.
This problem has occured again over the weekend, and only a 'hard' reset solves the problem. You can't even RDP to the server or log on to the server's console.
Since running 'netdiag' I have populated the TCP/IP properties with the correct WINS servers (as there were none there) and can only hope that this helps for next weekend, but I'm not holding out any hope!

If anyone else has any ideas, they would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Stuart
Anshumali
Esteemed Contributor

I will suggest:
1. IPSEC communication if you use that.If Yes, check Oakley log.
2. Firewalls for communication blocks if there are.Its likely that firewall is dropping packets, so i will check for firewall logs as well.
3. UNC Access to \\.\SYSVOL\ from client which has problem.
4. Event Log entries of EventID: 1054 and 1030 (Userenv)

Please post the replies....
Dreams are not which you see while sleeping, Dreams are which doesnt allow you to sleep while you are chasing for them!!