New Discussion юеВ

Re: NFS issue HP Unix 11iv3 FS Shared from HP UX to Linux

SOLVED
Go to solution
Indrajit Bhagat
Regular Advisor

NFS issue HP Unix 11iv3 FS Shared from HP UX to Linux

Hi Experts,

I am trying to share the FS from HP Unix 11i v3 host to Linux host, FS is getting perfectly shared, but on linux node on the shared fs, I am not able to create an file or folder.

folloing entry in dfstab:
share -F nfs -o rw=Linuxhost /sapmnt/QE2/profile

Problem on Linux host:
Linuxhost:root:/sapmnt/QE2/profile # touch abcd
touch: cannot touch `abcd': Read-only file system

Any idea what could be the soultion, i tried even with the user & root but same issue

P.S. This thread has been moevd from HP-UX > System Administration to HP-UX > networking - Hp Forum moderator

7 REPLIES 7
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

If the HP-UX server is not allowing write access but it is allowing the client to mount the filesystem then this sounds like a hostname resolution issue.  In other words, the HP-UX server is not matching the client to the name "Linuxhost".  You can try using the fully-qualified domain name of the client or even the IP address of the client in the rw= list to see if it helps.

Dave

I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Indrajit Bhagat
Regular Advisor

I tried by adding fully qualified doman also, but same issue is persistent. File System Mounts a Read only on Linux Host.

Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

Re: NFS issue 11.31 FS Shared from HP-UX to Linux

># touch abcd

Are you as root?  If so, you have exported it as root is less than dirt, nobody.

Indrajit Bhagat
Regular Advisor

yes, I am as a root, even i tried with the user, which owns the directory, but same, not able to create any files or directory, its saying ready only.

Dave Olker
HPE Pro

Have you tried sharing the filesystem using the IP address of the client instead of the hostname?

Dave

I work for HPE

[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Dennis Handly
Acclaimed Contributor

>I am as a root

No, you are "less than dirt", nobody, unless you add root= to your share command.

>even I tried with the user, which owns the directory

Now that should work, if you are using the same IDs.

Indrajit Bhagat
Regular Advisor
Solution

Hi All

On using fully qualfied domain name of Linux host in dfstab solved by problem.

Thanks to all for your support.

Regards

Indrajit Bhagat