5200 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

NLB

hemant_mopari
Contributor

NLB

I have a problem with one server HP DL380
My DL380 server is used as a web server with one more same model server and nlb is configured in both .
Each server has two network adapters one used for the virtual IP (NLB) while other is used for dedicated IP .
I try to connect database server through one web server it is working fine but the other server is creating problem i have changed the network adapters but no luck .

i suspect some problem with NLB configuration

Can anybody help me ..

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
raadek
Honored Contributor

Re: NLB

Hi,

What do you exactly mean by 'the other server is creating a problem'? Not responding? Not showing any activity?

Bear in mind that Microsoft NLB works on a round robin-basis - e.g. if you have two boxes 1st request goes to 1st box, 2nd to the 2nd box, 3rd to the 1st box again & so on.

It means you need at least two simultaneous requests to check your NLB.

Rgds
Don't panic! [THGTTG]
hemant_mopari
Contributor

Thnaks for the reply but we have continous request on both servers as they are used as web server with one virtual IP address , but when we try to access the web site using specific 43 ip address ie of the problematic server i get time out while the same thing i try from 42 ie the other web server in NLB configuration it is working fine .

Please reply
Thanks
raadek
Honored Contributor

OK, rather obvious question:
Did you try to access affected server via x.x.x.43 address when NLB is disabled?

I mean maybe there is some other, simpler reason, i.e. faulty cable, port, wrongly configured VLAN, etc.?

Rgds
Don't panic! [THGTTG]