108783 Solutions
New Discussion

Need to access "Windows drives " from hp-ux

SOLVED
Go to solution
SCHK
Frequent Advisor

Need to access "Windows drives " from hp-ux

Hi, I need to map drives, residing on Windows servers from the hp-ux. I understand from other posts that the HP CIFS Client will solve this issue.
However, I can only find "HP CIFS Client A.02.02 Administrator’s Guide HP-UX 11i v1 and v2".
Is this manual not available for 11i v3?
Is this product the right one to use for my purpose?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3
Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: Need to access "Windows drives " from hp-ux

That's definitely the right product for you.

Hmm... HP-UX 11i v3 was released in 2007, and the CIFS Client A.02.02 was released in 2007 too.

I'd assume that the "HP CIFS Client A.02.02 Administratorâ s Guide HP-UX 11i v1 and v2" was written before the HP-UX 11i v3 release, and someone at HP made the decision that updating the Administrator's Guide after the 11i v3 launch to only add "... and v3" was not worth the hassle.

The Release Notes for CIFS Client A.02.02.01 and A.02.02.02 both say "for 11i v1, v2 and v3", so the product is definitely supported for 11i v3 and also similar enough in all HP-UX versions that the same document can cover all three versions. I'd expect the CIFS Client Administrator's guide to be likewise applicable to all three HP-UX versions.

MK
MK
Court Campbell
Honored Contributor

You might also try installing SFU on the windows server and using the NFS client to mount NFS shares from HP-UX.
"The difference between me and you? I will read the man page." and "Respect the hat." and "You could just do a search on ITRC, you don't need to start a thread on a topic that's been answered 100 times already." Oh, and "What. no points???"
SCHK
Frequent Advisor

Hello,

Thanks for your replies - I will continue with the CIFS Client, since making changes to the Windows system is a difficult option in this case - but I will remeber this, if CIFS will not solve this.