1752288 Members
4226 Online
108786 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Net Send very slow

Adrian_17

Net Send very slow

Hi.
I have the next problem. I have a network with PCs running NT 4.0 SP5. But one workstation have a problem when send messages via net send command. When it send the messages is fast but when receive a messages is very slow. I have TCP/IP and NETBEUI protocols running in all PCs.

Thanks.
Sorry for my english, i??m latinian
3 REPLIES 3
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

This is usually caused by a mismatch in duplex setting on the Ethernet connection to the PC. Your PC is operating in Full duplex mode but the hub/switch port is set to Half duplex. Traffic out of the PC goes quickly because it does not look for collisions. Traffic in to the PC from the hub/switch is repeatedly interrupted by what it sees as collisions. This slows it down.

Change the PC to half or the hub/switch to full and you should see a big improvement.

Ron
Adrian_17

Hi Ron.
I try change the duplex setting in the Ethernet Card but the problem continue. All PCs have the same NIC Card and all are connected to the same 3COM Switch.
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Try checking the order of the bindings on the NIC. You may have set the trouble PC's binding in a different order than the rest.

If you are primarily using NETBEUI for the local subnet, rather than TCP/IP, you might think about moving NETBEUI to the top.

The other possibility is the route setting.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda