1747984 Members
4540 Online
108756 Solutions
New Discussion

Personal Alpha 32 v 2.0.20 Configuration Help

mrkejames2
Occasional Contributor

Personal Alpha 32 v 2.0.20 Configuration Help

Setup:  Windows 7 Host (laptop), Personal Alpha OpenVMS running v8.3.  Stock installation from CD.  I have TELNET configured as DHCP and the network adapter is set to "shared".  I have both wireless and wired connections, and I will have this configured to use the shared wired port.

Ok, what I want to do is be able to FTP from my HOST system (windows) over to the VMS server so that I can move patches/updates/software over to the emulator.    I cannot get my FTP client to connect to the VMS server.   I have FTP client configured on the VMS system, but it never wants to connect.   

If i try from another VMS server (non-emulated), i can telnet using my latptop IP address and it connects no problem to the Personal Alpha system no problem.   So i know the FTP client works.   I am just curious to know why my host system cannot FTP into it.

Thoughts?

1 REPLY 1
Hein van den Heuvel
Honored Contributor

Re: Personal Alpha 32 v 2.0.20 Configuration Help

I seem to recall I had a similar issue, which I had to fix in Windows. OpenVMS is not to blame in this.

Telnet worked, Advanced FTP tools (I used Ipswitch ws_FTP) worked, but basic FTP from the command line failed.

What you need is a client that supports PASV mode, or...

Check out the Firewall setting, for File Transfer Protocol

Relevant post:

http://superuser.com/questions/215775/command-line-ftp-function-does-not-work

Hein