Operating System - HP-UX
1753789 Members
7553 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion

Port World-wide name for device has changed.

SOLVED
Go to solution
fiaz01
Occasional Contributor

Port World-wide name for device has changed.

Full Description:

Port World-wide name for device id  has changed OR the device id has disappeared from Name Server GPN_FT (FCP type) response.

device id = loop id, for private loop devices device id = nport ID, for fabric/public-loop devices.

Please refer to "Erroneous Device Id" for more details.

Failed Component Type:

I/O Adapter

Recommended Action:

Driver won't be able to communicate with the device any more, please check that device. If the problem persists, please contact Hewlett Packard support representative.

FRU Location:

40/0/0/0/0/0/1

Not Available

3 REPLIES 3
Bunsol
HPE Pro
Solution

Re: Port World-wide name for device has changed.

The WWPN of an HBA is encoded by the manufacturer and cannot be changed. If the adapter has been replaced then zoning has to be done. Check if the adapter is getting discovered or not. If it is not getting discovered then try to reseat thhe adapter and check. You should be able to check the WWPN in the BIOS or the ILO. If the card is detecting along with the WWPN then check by updating the driver and firmware of the card. It may callout for a replacement of the adapater in case of hardware issue.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! Thumbs below!
I am an HPE employee.
[Any personal opinions expressed are mine, and not official statements on behalf of Hewlett Packard Enterprise]
Accept or Kudo
Torsten.
Acclaimed Contributor

What is the problem, what happened, what have you done?

This message appears for example if a direct connected FC disk fails or even if you replace a failed FC connected tape drive.

You need to tell the system it is OK to work with a replaced component (or reboot).

More details needed.

Hope this helps!
Regards
Torsten.

If you feel this was helpful please click the KUDOS! thumb below!   
fiaz01
Occasional Contributor

thanks for your reply/help. I find out that the issue was related to some changes in the zoning of the devices.