1753931 Members
9934 Online
108810 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Printer IrDA Conneciton failure

Jo├гo Portela
Occasional Contributor

Printer IrDA Conneciton failure

I have a HP450bci that have IrDA connection.

I'm trying to connect to it via a .Net application. I can detect the printer but when i try to connect to i get the following error:

"No connection could be made because the targer machine actively refused it"
the code is the following:

IrDAClient irdaClient = new IrDAClient("IrDA:IrCOMM");

I have also tryed with the connection string : "IRDA_SOCKET_CONNECTION", but with the same results.

However i can connect to a PC with "IrDA:IrCOMM".

I would like to know what is the connection string to the HP450cbi printer.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

Re: Printer IrDA Conneciton failure

Joa,

This link might help you:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfsystemnetsocketsirdaclientclasstopic.asp

Please keep us updated.
Thanks
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Jo├гo Portela
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, but i already know the URL you send.

The dificulty i have is to know what is the IrDA protocol of the HP450cbi printer.

I have tried several protocols (IrCOMM, IrDial, IrLAP, IrTran-P, IrLMP, IrIAS, IrIAP, IrLPT, IrOBEX, IrLAN, OBEX:IrXfer, Nokia:PhoNet) but all with a refused connection error.

I have already get a connection to a PDA when it is listening to a given protocol. I suspect that the printer i listening to a specific protocol but i don't know which one.

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Joao:

It's not much but this is all I could find: http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?objectID=bpd50491&locale=en_US&taskId=135&prodSeriesId=81913&prodTypeId=18972
Look under IR Specifications.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger