108788 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Sharing nfs filesystem from Centos 6.10 to HP-UX 11i v1

SOLVED
Go to solution
Solution

Any thoughts on this, please?

Looking at the landiag-output i can see that your system runs with a 100BaseT interface.

There were many bugs with this type of interface, so that i STRONGLY recommend that you install a patch-bundle.

From the problem description i would guess that the speed-negotiation does not work well. So maybe manually setting the speed to 100Mbit at the switch may help. 

And yes, the dead-gateway-detection feature may also interfere and should be disabled. (if the Linux-system is in a different subnet... )

I am an HPE Employee

Accept or Kudo

Marek_16
Occasional Advisor

All boxes are on the same subnet. Packets do not need to go through the router. HP workstation and one linux box are connected to the same switch, the other linux box through different one.

I have not seen a situation when network performance degradation reoccurred after it was fixed, apart from a case when reboot took place, but I test it for a few hours only.

Marek_16
Occasional Advisor

I have got a new switch and set port speed to 100FD. It looks that HP workstation works fine now. I have tried rebooting and transferring files using nfs and ftp and It works.

Thanks all for helping.

Best Regards

Marek