108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Where is btlan0 ?

SOLVED
Go to solution
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Where is btlan0 ?

Got an 10.20 system on D250 and requires the btlan0 driver for the 100 BT card. Cannot find it. Been looking on the June 2000 cd's and it shows btlan1. Did btlan0 go away or something?
8 REPLIES 8
Tim Malnati
Honored Contributor

Re: Where is btlan0 ?

Seems that btlan0 was changed to lan in a recent EISA 100BT cumulative (PHNE_21373). As usual, the patch info doesn't say much regarding why. I've attached a copy of the applicable Defect Description for your info.
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Hi Tim:
You are right, been through the rigors of having to change the netconf and all because the patch changed the name from btlanX to lanX.

But this D system never had the drivers installed for the EISA 100 BT card. I would believe that I need the driver installed first before I can put the patch on and go through the name change. (At least that it the way it has worked. Did something change?)

I am looking for the driver to install so I can get this card working and have it CLAIMED in the ioscan output. Right now, it is UNKNOWN because I do not have the driver in the kernel. But when I went to install the driver from the June 2000 CDs for 10.20, I don't seem to find it.

Would putting this patch on also include the driver for the card?
Vincente Fernandes
Valued Contributor

Check whether you have the below 100BT package installed on your D Class and the subsequent patches. I guess it is part of Install/Core OS 10.20 CD.
J3621AA_APZ B.10.20.03 100BT/9000 GSC Series 800
Berlene Herren
Honored Contributor

Rick, the driver is located on the 1st Application CD Rom and will make the card claimed. The driver for the EISA card is btlan0, but the interface name will be lan#. The software product number is J2780BA. The latest patch is PHNE_21373 with dependencies PHNE_21904 and PHCO_10947.

/etc/rc.config.d/hpeisabtconf is the configuration file and of course, EISA does NOT support full duplex, which is why it is being discontinued and replaced with the HSC card.

Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

Berlene:

Been doing that from the 1st app CD. It installs btlan1 which isn't going to work with the EISA card. Still shows as UNCLAIMED.

This is done from the June 2000 10.20 CD set. Got a couple of EISA 100BT filesets on there but when install them it installs btlan1. btlan3 is there by default so that is not an issue. I just don't compile it into the kernel.

Berlene Herren
Honored Contributor
Solution

Rick, why is btlan3 loaded on a 10.20 system? Just a thought. Send me an email and I'll send you back a J2780BA product and we can try that. That is the btlan0 driver, so I am not sure what is going on here. btlan1 is for the HP-PB card.

Thanks,
Berlene
http://www.mindspring.com/~bkherren/dobes/index.htm
Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

It is not in the kernel but it a driver that is available to be compiled into the kernel. I believe it was a support call some time ago when I got the explanation that the btlan3 driver was available by default. Not necessary to be used but it is there.

Rick Garland
Honored Contributor

BTW, I did find the product on another CDROM. Going to do the install and the patches and that should make it hunky dory.
And I remember that the patches will change the name from btlanX to lanX and a change in the netconf file is going to be required.

Thanks much Berlene!