Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

access denied message when changing network password

Chris Spall
Occasional Visitor

access denied message when changing network password

Hi,

For some unknown reason we are unable to change any network passwords on 98SE machines (get access denied message). I have looked all through MS KB articles and everything relating to it doesn't seem to work. Win2K & WinXP machines can change passwords.

Looked at all permissions on the Win2K Server machine, and all seem to be ok. We used to be able to change passwords on 98SE but in the last couple of days we now can't.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

2 REPLIES
Amruth
Regular Advisor

Re: access denied message when changing network password

Hi,

Just thought...

Any virus issues....

Regards,
AR
If i am doing the same way you are doing to me then what is the difference between us.
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Re: access denied message when changing network password

You might want see if on the Server you have the "Users must log on in order to change password" box checked. If so.... uncheck the box.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda