Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fishy network connections

SOLVED
Go to solution
johnnyfulcrum
Occasional Advisor

fishy network connections

Hi

I have a HP Pav 9870. Recently the connection to the internet through a road runner cable hook up has been a bit buggy. evey once and a while I'd have to reboot to be able to get to websites. Now it does not work at all. Here's what I've tried:

took my hub and router/switch out of the equation - directly connected to cable modem - did not help.

uninstalled all network adaptors/protocols - reinstalled - no luck

tried new cat5 cable - no luck
tested old cable - it's still good :)

reset up all road runner bs - no help

released renewed all network settings - no dice

took out nic card - rebooted -shutdown reinstall - no luck

tried different nic card - no luck

back to old nic card (came with computer) - nada

tested new and old nic in different computer - both work.

check IRQ - shared with other components - but no conflicts - couldn't change IRQ according to applet..

any other ideas?

thanks
johnnyf
2 REPLIES
johnnyfulcrum
Occasional Advisor

Re: fishy network connections

Found the problem:

Zone alarm- i had uninstalled it b4 installing my gateway. Once i reinstalled it, everything was peachy.

I can't run without it since whenever I uninstall, my connecti0on dies not work!!!!
Denver Osborn
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: fishy network connections

Just to make sure you see it. I updated your other post with information for uninstalling zone alarm.

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,11866,0xbff6c6af36b7d5118ff10090279cd0f9,00.html

-denver