1752389 Members
5789 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: ftp site on site vs HP ftp site

Bruce Rose
Advisor

ftp site on site vs HP ftp site

I have been able to update ILO2s with the OA board's HPONCFG using HP's ftp site and calling ilo-update.xml. I need to get this setup to use an ftp server (already present) internal to my cusomter. I have copied the bin and xml files to my local server, but when I run the command I get "The file could not be downloaded". I have chaged the "image_location" to reflect the local server.

Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Hello Bruce,

Do you mean "I have chaged the "image_location" to reflect the local server." > Fixed it ??

Regards,
James.
Bruce Rose
Advisor

I took the xml and bin files from the HP site and copied them to the local server. When I run the HPONCFG against the HP site it works just great, but when I use the local server I get the error message mentioned. I can access the ftp server and have full authority, "everyone" has read and execute on that folder.

Thanks
Bruce Rose
Advisor

Found out that if I used the IP address in place of the nodename with the HPONCFG command it worked just fine. I had to also replace the nodename with the IP in the xml file being accessed. That xml had a pointer to a bin file ..

Thanks