Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ftp site on site vs HP ftp site

Bruce Rose
Advisor

ftp site on site vs HP ftp site

I have been able to update ILO2s with the OA board's HPONCFG using HP's ftp site and calling ilo-update.xml. I need to get this setup to use an ftp server (already present) internal to my cusomter. I have copied the bin and xml files to my local server, but when I run the command I get "The file could not be downloaded". I have chaged the "image_location" to reflect the local server.

Thanks
3 REPLIES
James ~ Happy Dude
Honored Contributor

Re: ftp site on site vs HP ftp site

Hello Bruce,

Do you mean "I have chaged the "image_location" to reflect the local server." > Fixed it ??

Regards,
James.
Bruce Rose
Advisor

I took the xml and bin files from the HP site and copied them to the local server. When I run the HPONCFG against the HP site it works just great, but when I use the local server I get the error message mentioned. I can access the ftp server and have full authority, "everyone" has read and execute on that folder.

Thanks
Bruce Rose
Advisor

Found out that if I used the IP address in place of the nodename with the HPONCFG command it worked just fine. I had to also replace the nodename with the IP in the xml file being accessed. That xml had a pointer to a bin file ..

Thanks