5688 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion

how Unix application, can use the resource of windows client [via telnet]

harjeet_3
Occasional Advisor

how Unix application, can use the resource of windows client [via telnet]

hello,

there is an integrated network where the Application Server is a Unix host , the clients are Windows PC's which uses the applications by the Telnet protocol, prints over the several network printers s through a Unix host. At present the host only print the printing at client's configured lpt port local printer. But now I want that client should be able to get the same print out on usb printers. Through, some studies i come to know that the following measures are there that needs to be done in this context which are as follows :

A directory on the Application Server's File System is shared with the Windows users by specific softwares.

well my query is anybody knows that software that can be used for HPUX 10.x server for the same. OR any other method that can solve my problem plz reply me at the earliest.
1 REPLY 1
Matt Palmer_2
Respected Contributor

Re: how Unix application, can use the resource of windows client [via telnet]

Hi,

you could try using samba printer shares and map to HPUX like that, or you could try mapping the USB port to the LPT port that is already configured using something like: "net use lptx \\printserver\sharename /persistent:yes" on the windows machine after sharing the USB printer.

hope this helps.

regards

Matt