2692 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

internet connection

SOLVED
Go to solution
Deb Fitz

internet connection

My HP Pavilion DV9207US suddenly can't connect to the internet. We installed an apple wireless router a few months ago and have had no problems. Our desktop is still working through it fine. All of a sudden this morning I keep getting a message that says it can not find a server but the blue light is on indicating the software is working. Under the "connect to a nework" it shows the wireless router as being there and the signal strength being excellent. When I click on "connect" it says "windows cannot connect to it". HELP PLEASE!
5 REPLIES 5
Shawn
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: internet connection

Have you tried rebooting the router? Also reboot you modem
Deb Fitz

Yes, I tried all the basics first and then started searching the internet for a solution. It seems other pavilion models have had similar problems but I don't see anything on my model. I'm hoping someone has had the same problem and was able to solve it. My son tried to help and gave up saying "You should have bought an apple".
Shawn
Honored Contributor

Have a look at this page:
http://tinyurl.com/6nx6sd
It seem there is an updated wlan driver for your laptop.
Deb Fitz

Thanks so much...it worked! It's funny I had not found that solution while searching the HP site. But I'm thrilled. I had called the help line and they told me I'd have to reset to factory settings. Thank god I didn't!
marlenerugger

when i try to connect to the internet get message saying cannot connect to webpage check connection i check everything and i have a stronge signal and wait awhile and try connecting again this is a continuing problem and i have had at&t service for several years and aol for several years too and it still continue's; my laptop is going on 2yrs now