Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ip_rput_dlpi: DL??? failed dl_errno 4 dl_unix_errno 57

subrata biswal
Frequent Advisor

ip_rput_dlpi: DL??? failed dl_errno 4 dl_unix_errno 57

I have my server HP9000 with version HP-UX 11.0, and when I connect by console, I recive the next messages:
When i am trying to do configure my network with set_parms initial.
i am getting this message when i want to configure router gateway and default mask address.

****STREAMS/UX******
Mon Sep 26 METDST..... ERROR Subsys:STREAMS loc:001231101 ...... ar_rput_dlpi: DL_UDERROR_IND, dl_dest_addr_length 8 dl_errno 4

****STREAMS/UX*******
Mon...... ERROR Subsys:STREAMS loc:001231104 .... ip_rput_dlpi: DL??? failed dl_errno 4 dl_unix_errno 57
2 REPLIES
Rita C Workman
Honored Contributor

Re: ip_rput_dlpi: DL??? failed dl_errno 4 dl_unix_errno 57

You have two system errno messages.
You can find what these mean by checking /usr/include/sys/errno.h

errno 4 = interrupted system call
errno 57 = the link has been severed.

I think that last one is telling you the likely cause of your problem.

Regards,
Rita
subrata biswal
Frequent Advisor

Re: ip_rput_dlpi: DL??? failed dl_errno 4 dl_unix_errno 57

have my server HP9000 with version HP-UX 11.0, and when I connect by console, I recive the next messages:
When i am trying to do configure my network with set_parms initial.
i am getting this message when i want to configure router gateway and default mask address.

****STREAMS/UX******
Mon Sep 26 METDST..... ERROR Subsys:STREAMS loc:001231101 ...... ar_rput_dlpi: DL_UDERROR_IND, dl_dest_addr_length 8 dl_errno 4

what is error no4?

Any body can help?