Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

locked account

locked account

I have a windows 2000 environment with 3 DC. Problem: When the users have to change password, the users account gets locked out every 30 minutes when he or she tries to access a share or Outlook.(I have too unlock it from AD) I have had the users put in the new password directly in AD using reset password. But same result.

BR

Mattias
1 REPLY
Decroos Marc
Frequent Advisor

Re: locked account

We had a lot of such issues a time ago and we do not know what solved the problem. Cause was the fact that we have a mixed AD W2K and NT4.0 domain. It still occurs now and then.
On the other hand we have users being locked out after a recent password change because of shares and/or session still being active on some servers.
Using event viewer on the AD domain controller I look for event 644 in the category "account management" the machine mentioned there gives almost always a good clue of the reason ....
good luck,
marc