Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nc6000 battery 97% charge

Jim Ambrose_3
Occasional Visitor

nc6000 battery 97% charge

The battery in my nc6000 will no longer power my laptop. The battery status says 97%, but it does not say "charging". I remove and replace the battery and it recognizes the fact that I do this, but if I unplug the AC power it dies immediatly.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance
Jim Ambrose
2 REPLIES
Yew Lee
Advisor

Re: nc6000 battery 97% charge

I think your battery is dead. I observed that The NC6000 is pretty "smart" about charging. When connected to power and the the batt is found to be >97% charged, it will not charge the battery as this is considered to be harmful (ie. to the battery, not the electricity bill nor user, whatever! ;) ).

Either the batt or the sensor in the laptop might be faulty. I think the best place for a solution would be the HP Service Center.
On the move....
Jim Ambrose_3
Occasional Visitor

Re: nc6000 battery 97% charge

Thanks for the reply. I will check at the office for a replacement battery and see if that fixes it. If not the laptop (factory reconditioned)is still under warranty and will be making a trip back to the factory to be reconditioned again.