Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nfs4cbd listener port number?

vpar
Advisor

nfs4cbd listener port number?

Hi

What is port number of nfs4cbd daemon?

I cannot find port number via lsof -i.

According to man nfs4cbd,
"nfs4cbd runs on the NFS Version 4 client
and creates a listener port for each transport over which callbacks
can be sent."

Listener port should be showed.

and how to send a callback? I'd like to test the callback.

regards
3 REPLIES
Viktor Balogh
Honored Contributor

Re: nfs4cbd listener port number?

NFS is going over RPC (remote procedure call)

# rpcinfo -p
Unix operates with beer.
vpar
Advisor

No nfs4cbd in output of "rpcinfo -p"
Dave Olker
HPE Pro

NFS v4 typically uses a callback connection for things like file locking and delegation. Are you using either of these?

If you're able to lock files over NFS v4 then that's usually a good indication that the callback mechanism is working. If you request a delegation and are granted one by the server, that's a good indication the callback mechanism is working. You may only be able to tell the later via a network trace.

Out of curiosity, is there a reason you're using NFS v4 over v3? I'm interested in learning which v4 features customers use that aren't available in v3.

Thanks,

Dave