4287 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: scp1 compatibility mode is not supported

Craig A Berry
Honored Contributor

@Richard Brodie_1 wrote:

Am I missing something, or would not just using sftp instead of scp be the easiest thing to do?

That works fine unless you really need a one-liner to include in a script.  I suppose it's possible to script sftp, but it's messier than using scp.  At the opposite extreme, if you really want something scriptable, Kermit over SSH is an option.

smsc_1
Regular Advisor

Correct, with scp I can make oneline code, otherwise there's no difference between sftp and ftp... Both requires multiple code lines.

I can install software on client side (Red Hat enterprise), but I cannot find anything related to SCP2, could someone point me to the right rpm?

Thanks!

./ Lucas
Craig A Berry
Honored Contributor

@smsc_1 wrote:

I cannot find anything related to SCP2, could someone point me to the right rpm?

You mean like pscp in PuTTY, which I've already told you (twice) is exactly what you need?  I know very little about Red Hat packages, but putting "rpm putty" in the search box of a web browser seems to turn up some things.

smsc_1
Regular Advisor

You're absolutely right Craig, I had some problems during putty installation, so I left it and search for another solution. Now, after solving installation issue, I was able to use pscp, and FINALLY I was able to transfer files from Red Hat to OpenVMS without issues and using protocol V2.

Many thanks!

./ Lucas
simonljackson
Frequent Visitor

There is a putty kit in epel (Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux), so the following should work:

# yum install putty.x86_64

# makewhatis

# apropos scp

pscp                 (1)  - command-line SCP (secure copy) / SFTP client
scp                  (1)  - secure copy (remote file copy program)

See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/EPEL for more details about epel.

Cheers

Simon