New Discussion юеВ

Re: script to configure network in Win2000

SOLVED
Go to solution
CAS_2
Valued Contributor

script to configure network in Win2000

Hi.

I move my laptop from a client HQ to another client HQ. In each client HQ, I have a fix IP.

Then when I move from one to another I must enter "Control Panel -> Lan" to remove newtwork settings and set new ones. I thought a new icon could be set for every LAN configuration but I think it is not possible. Then I thought to set LAN settings by means of a script...

but I don't know all features.
I can set IP by means of ipconfig command, but
how can I set DNS settings and Domain names ?

Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

In TCP IP advanced properties, you can configure more than 1 IP address to the same adapter.

You can configure an IP to every lan that you connect, and the problem is solved. You won't have to run any script or reconfiguration program.

If you want to use script, you could use the netsh interface ip command.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Peter Sterk
Solution

netsh ip interface is the way to go. That way you can configure ip addresses and domainnames etc.

CAS_2
Valued Contributor

Thanks Peter.
Oguz Kutlu  Asik
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Here are two scripts, one to set a static ip, one to set to dhcp. They does not set domain name though.

I wrote a visual basic program which uses these scripts that is able to save profile of each client. If you drop an email, i can send it to you.

There is a commercial program i remember which can set domain name etc also, but i do not remember the name at the moment.
What's right is right, whether or not God exists
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Same answer, very different points, frustrating.
Por que hacerlo dificil si es posible hacerlo facil? - Why do it the hard way, when you can do it the easy way?
Peter Sterk

True, can I give you some of my received points?
Ivan Ferreira
Honored Contributor

Thanks Peter Sterk, you make me feel better. I apreciate your goodwill.