Operating System - HP-UX
1748089 Members
4830 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.

Manojs321
Advisor

ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.

Hi All,

I am facing issue with scp after SSH installation on HPux 11.11

SSH version installed is,

ssh-mgmt-agent 2.3.0.165 SSH Tectia Manager (agent) 2.3.0.165

ssh2 4.4.7.23 SSH Tectia(tm) Server 4.4.7.23

here is the error while doing SCP,

quint0v1:/home/epcs >scp agora:/var/opt/perf/archive/rxdy0416.Z .
rxdy0416.Z | 5.2MB | 267kB/s | ETA: 00:00:01 | 94%

After 94% copied there is no progress.

Can anyone help on this?
3 REPLIES 3
Steve Lewis
Honored Contributor

Re: ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.

I had problems like this once. I had to stop using scp and instead use sftp with a small buffer size. -B parameter IIRC.
The problem was caused by a firewall which did not have enough memory to handle a large buffer/block as a single success unit.
To just once, try sftp instead and see if you still get the same errors.

Otherwise, you may have version issues between client and server.

Manojs321
Advisor

Re: ssh_packet_wrapper_send_encode_va: flow control problems; outgoing packet dropped.

It looks like problen is with different versions of ssh.
Here our batch job copies data from other servers through scp. issue started after upgrading the server where thebatch job runs.scp hangs for some servers with older version.
I have tried with smallerbuffer size using scp -b option. But it worked fine for some servers, but giving error like " tranfer skiped" for some other servers.
BijuJoseph

Yes, I had faced this problem on HPUX, the default buffer size is 32768b with sftp, so when I tried with -B 16000 option in sftp it was succes.

eg:

hostA#  sftp -B 16000 hostB
Enter passphrase for key '/.ssh/id_dsa':
Connected to hostB.
sftp> get for-hp.tar.gz
Fetching /root/for-hp.tar.gz to for-hp.tar.gz
/root/for-hp.tar.gz      100% completed