Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssh/putty/opentext

p7
Frequent Advisor

ssh/putty/opentext

hi all

i have an itanium superdome2 running hpux 11.31.  we have users logging into this box with ssh in a product called opentext.  they intermittently cannot login and magically login after awhile. i can use putty to ssh during these times

and login with no problem.  also i noticed a couple of times a dns server was rebooted and they were able to login for awhile at least.  i checked with networking and they say everything looks ok. has anyone run into this?

thx in advance

3 REPLIES
Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

Re: ssh/putty/opentext

>>they intermittently cannot login

What kind of errors are users seeing?  Is there anything in any logs on the system (like /var/adm/syslog/syslog.log)?

p7
Frequent Advisor

nothing pops out in syslog and i can get in thru putty ssh during their outages.

ive attached the error mssg

Patrick Wallek
Honored Contributor

It looks like a DNS issue.

Is there a way to have the users connect via the servers IP address rather its name?