Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Networking
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

telnet error: Unable to connect to remote host: Can't assign requested address

rohithroki
Frequent Advisor

telnet error: Unable to connect to remote host: Can't assign requested address

Dear TEam,

I am getting below error form one of my server.

When i try to telnet to any other servers and ports i am getting the below error.

telnet:Unable to connect to remote host: Can't assign requested address

Kindly let me know how to fix the above issue.

Regards,

Rohith

2 REPLIES
Steven Schweda
Honored Contributor

Re: telnet error: Unable to connect to remote host: Can't assign requested address

I know nothing, but my Web search for that error message found (among
other things):

https://community.hpe.com/t5/x/x/m-p/4164228

What did your search find?

> [...] one of my server.

What's different about this system?

> OS : HPUX 11.31

On which hardware?  As usual, showing actual commands with their
actual output can be more helpful than vague descriptions or
interpretations.

uname -a

Matti_Kurkela
Honored Contributor

Re: telnet error: Unable to connect to remote host: Can't assign requested address

Just a wild guess: this might happen if the telnet command is attempting to connect to destination port number 0 for some reason - perhaps because your /etc/services file has the "telnet" line removed or commented out, as some misguided "security hardening" instructions sometimes suggest.

MK