1753757 Members
5008 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: website looks different from outside and inside of company network

joy_4
Occasional Contributor

website looks different from outside and inside of company network

one website looks totally different when I check it outside and inside of company network. I think the one I saw inside of the company LAN is the old website I visited before. What can I do? Appreciate your time and knowledge.

Joy
4 REPLIES 4
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Is your IIS server caching web pages?

The other thing to check, is where on your server (outside of your firewall) are Customers being directed?

Your internal DNS may be refering you to a different virtual server on the IIS box.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Romar Panganiban
Occasional Contributor

Check first how many server's host your website. Then browse the website using the mapped IP address on each webserver to determine if all webservers has the same content. The mapped IP to the website can be seen on the "Internet Service Manger" under Administrative Tools or from Site Server if Installed.

Are you using CMS..If yes kindly check all your origin servers and verify page content.

Joy_5

Sorry guys that I forgot my id and password. Thank you Jon and Romar.
I first tried to clean the server cache. It was cleaned. but the problem was still there. Later, I opened the host fill and found that web site was directed to one of our servers. We used to host that website.
Thank you for your time!
Joy_5

I need to make it very clear that the problem was solved. Thanks!