1748027 Members
4274 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: NONSTOP

hectorgull
Advisor

NONSTOP

Can the NONSTOP community have the NONSTOP KNOWLEDGE BASE site Back.

Tandem NonStop Customers were very happy with both system performance and support.

Losing customers will be more expensive, and HP Cameras and TV's did not pay the bills.

The strength was and Neoview now gone and NonStop, Blades and SuperDome, soon HP may go back to be the Printer Company if it continues to put people in Management that do NOT know what they are doing and continue to outsource to support of equal knowledge  support.

Knowledge Base was easy to use, why make it more complex ? and why change what work so well for many years? Change is good and many times necessary when done for improvement, this is NOT the case, the lines to GMCSC support will become clutter with cases for questions that were easily searchable in the good old NonStop Knowledge Base, Can we have it back?  

3 REPLIES 3
DaveSh1elds

Agree, especially regarding your statement:

Knowledge Base was easy to use, why make it more complex ? and why change what work so well for many years? Change is good and many times necessary when done for improvement, this is NOT the case, the lines to GMCSC support will become clutter with cases for questions that were easily searchable in the good old NonStop Knowledge Base, Can we have it back?  

I am tempted to contact GCSC regarding a query, which I used to be able to obtain by searching through the old KBNS. This new one, even when filtering takesa ages and then tells me it can't find the information required. On the occasions I've obtained information (after paging through several pages of results,) then information is not displayed in a single browser page, requiring me to scroll form left to right to read the remainder of the line and then having to scroll right to left to start again on the next line. 

It's not just HP NonStop users which are complaining, a lot of forums have similar gripes on this new means of searching for information.

Kabytov

As NonStop Mission Critical Engineer - i'm completely agree
Kalx
Occasional Visitor

Yes, Knowledge base was just like a quick helpdesk to me.