OEM Solutions
Nabanita1

Meet your HPE OEM Solutions team: Zumei Lu

zume.jpg

Our whistle-stop tour of the HPE OEM Solutions team continues today, as we get to know Zumei Lu, Director, Global OEM and Service Provider Program Management and Business Operation.

Zumei, tell us a bit about what your role entails.

I lead the customer program management function supporting HPE’s top OEMs, service providers and other worldwide top customers. Our program managers help these customers enable their unique needs based on mainstream HPE offers. The most satisfying thing for me is when I see a satisfied customer.

Have you been with HPE a long time?

Yes, 24 years! I’ve had a lot of roles in that time. I joined Compaq worldwide sales and marketing in 1997, worked through corporate finance, strategy, PC product GBU group, North America region and US country category management and also led GTM in the Technology Services Worldwide Channel Sales business unite before I joined the Global Server Unit in 2014.

Since then, I’ve helped drive OEM business growth and assisted in key HP divestitures including the creation of China JV and JV’s Server and Storage product management. Then last year I took on responsibility for top customer program management. My broad exposure within HPE allows me to help our customers end to end when they need support.   

What’s been a highlight for you?

I have many fond memories from my career at HPE. One special moment was that I played a critical role to win our largest OEM private label deal while still driving the China divesture to closure in the same week. 

What do you like to do when you’re not working?

Reading and travelling with my family.

What’s the first thing you’ll be keen to do as restrictions on travel start to lift?

I’m looking forward to visiting our customers face-to-face. I would like to visit some key OEM customers as well as internal R&D, Global Operation locations to improve engagement and help drive future business growth.

Let’s turn now to some of the trends you’re seeing in discussions with your customers. What do you think are the key opportunities for OEMs at the moment?

We are at a critical point in history. Many OEMs are looking into expanding their solutions into new areas or adopting new business models with the new technology and significantly enhanced compute, storage networking capability. Our top NEPs customers are growing their 5G business with communication services providers, and HPE is working closely with them so they can adapt to new deployment models swiftly.

What about challenges to be aware of?

We are focusing on securing and delivering the most reliable products in the industry to all our customers, big or small. Our OEM customers rely on very stable and consistent supply from HPE to meet their customers’ expectations. Covid-19 has created significant supply and logistic issues. We are trying to plan ahead and deliver what our customers need the best we can.

Can you tell us about an inspiring use case or project that you’ve been working on recently?

We are currently partnering with a service provider to deploy its OEM solution both traditionally and virtually worldwide. That’s pretty exciting.

And what are your main focus areas for the coming year?

The main focus for HPE OEM Solutions is to secure supply and be the best vendor and factory for our OEM customers.

What excites you about the HPE OEM Solutions’ offering to the market? What do you think makes it stand out from the competition?

We listen to our OEM partners and customers. And we’re willing to adapt so that we can support OEMs’ desires to have the flexibility to deploy their solutions virtually.  

Lastly, is there anything else you think the HPE OEM Solutions community should know about the work you’re doing?

Just that HPE continues to provide the best services capability and most secure and reliable products in the industry. We’re committed to meeting OEMs’ unique requirements and ensuring their success.

Connect with Zumei on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/zumeilu/

Nabanita Maji
Hewlett Packard Enterprise

twitter.com/hpe_partner
LinkedIn/groups/6988995/
hpe.com/us/en/solutions/OEM

0 Kudos
About the Author

Nabanita1