Servers and Operating Systems
Have questions about servers and operating systems? Find information, share knowledge, and discuss solutions with these HPE Community blogs and forums.
Forums
Knowledge Base
Group Hubs
Operating System - Linux

Join the conversation with experts and colleagues

Posted to:
Original author:
Hello, teams. I have a question that I couldn't find an answer to in the documentation: what effect does the mechanism of automatic activation of logical volumes detected when scanning disks by the server at OS startup have? RHEL - Controlling autoac...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello everyone, I am trying to setup an HPE DL325 Gen10 Plus. I have the NVMe drive enablement kit in the thing (HPE NS204i-p Gen10+ Boot Controller, with the 2 480Gb NVMe SSDs on it, configured automatically into a RAID 1) and I am trying to install...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hi, I was previously trying to install Linux but have since found an iso for Windows Server 2012 R2 so I am now trying to install Windows. I have burned the iso onto a cd to isntall on the server but I am having issues getting Windows Server to detec...
Posted to:
Original author:
In the last few days I noticed that the repository for Debian/Ubuntu updates on downloads.linux.hpe.com was not loading correctly when doing an apt update. I tried loading it in a browser locally and that also failed. Err:10 http://downloads.linux.hp...
Posted to:
Original author:
I have a hpdl380g6 server. It has a client server based software started on it. I work from a pc connected to it from network. Server is on 24/7 manner all the time. Today suddenly server became faulty, the situation are: 1- suddenly the client conne...
Posted to:
Original author:
Hello all, I have a hpdl360 g7, in raid 1 config, but i take out one of two hdds for immunity. Each Hdd is 750 GB 2/5 inch SATA. One day i use a USB flash memory to transfer some file to it. No more activity with it. After 2 days i decide to work. Fi...
Posted to:
Original author:
hi, Here are the steps: Download RHEL 6.3 Software Driver Update and extract it. Copy hpvsa-1.2.4-4.rhel6u3.x86_64.dd to a USB Key formatted as FAT32. Once the floppy driver diskette ready on the USB Key and the Array is being created, is time to beg...
Posted to:
Original author:
@roryt wrote: +1 We have the same problem on four new DL360 with Debian Stretch. First of all the development has stoped in Jessie. The other utilities are working on stretch, but hp-health (which is vital for checking the status with scripts) seg-fa...
Posted to:
Original author:
For application/data disks, the procedure can be exactly the same as in HP-UX. For example, if your disk is /dev/sdx and you want to create a 10 GB LV on it: pvcreate /dev/sdx vgcreate vgNAME /dev/sdx lvcreate -L 10G vgNAME (If you don't specify a LV...
  • Legend
  • New MessagesNew Messages
  • No New Messages No New Messages
  • Hot TopicHot Topic
  • Replied-to Thread Replied-to Topic
  • Read Only ThreadRead-Only Topic
Events
HPE Webinars
Find out about the latest live broadcasts and on-demand webinars
Read more
Online Expert Days
Visit this forum and get the schedules for online Expert Days where you can talk to HPE product experts, R&D and support team members and get answers...
Read more
Top Authors
Steven Schweda Avatar
Honored Contributor
1 Kudos

9915 Posts

support_s Avatar
System Recommended
1 Kudos

1822 Posts