Operating System - Microsoft
1748137 Members
3698 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

64 Bit SQL Server four part name Problem

James Boyer

64 Bit SQL Server four part name Problem

I have a fresh install of the 64 Bit SQL server 2000 and I get a strange error when I run a qry against a linked server.

For example the following qry
select
top 10
from
nibbler.seveneleven.dbo.pip_composed_of_bom

Returns

Server: Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
OLE DB provider 'SQLOLEDB' reported an error.
[OLE/DB provider returned message: Unspecified error]
[OLE/DB provider returned message: The stored procedure required to complete this operation could not be found on the server (they were supplied with the ODBC setup disk for the SQL Server driver). Please contact your system administrator.]
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB' IDBSchemaRowset::GetRowset returned 0x80004005: ].

I have already tried running the instcat.sql script and everything works but I get the following warning/error.

creating sp_ddopen
Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'sp_ddopen'. The stored procedure will still be created.
Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'sp_ddopen'. The stored procedure will still be created.
creating sp_tableswc

creating spt_provider_types

I am at a complete loss here. By the way the openqry function does work but in this case I can't use it because of speed/network issues.
4 REPLIES 4
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

Re: 64 Bit SQL Server four part name Problem

select
top 10
from
nibbler.seveneleven.dbo.pip_composed_of_bom

in this query,

is nibbler the linked server name?
seveneleven is the db name?
dbo the owner name ?
& pip_composed_of_bom the table name??

Ganesh
James Boyer

is nibbler the linked server name? Yes
seveneleven is the db name? Yes
dbo the owner name ? Yes
& pip_composed_of_bom the table name?? Yes

Jim.

Note it does not matter what linked server I use I get the same error.
Ganesh Babu
Honored Contributor

do u have sp3 (service pack 3) installed for the SQL2k??

Ganesh
James Boyer

As far as I can tell the 64 Bit version does not have any service packs yet.