Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7950 CD-Rw Autoinsert rogram startup

John G Duffy
Occasional Visitor

7950 CD-Rw Autoinsert rogram startup

Two questions.
Question 1).
Recently purchased a 7950 Pavilion and it came configured to start Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4 software whenever I insert a CD in the burner.
Question is how do I change the default software so I can bring up something like Adaptec DirectCD Wizard or any other program I desire?

Question 2.
I tried to uninstall Easy CD Creator 4 and the Add/Remove on Control panel save something is missing and it can not uninstall the product. Why not? Something is missing direct from the factory. How do I uninstall this product?
The uninstall was attempted on a machine with little configuration just after the System Restore discs were loaded.
2 REPLIES
Sanjay_6
Honored Contributor

Re: 7950 CD-Rw Autoinsert rogram startup

Hi John,

Take a look at the thread below. Is this what you are looking for,

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=hppavilion20003&LC=personal_computing&Tfile=bph01724

Hope this helps.

Regds
John G Duffy
Occasional Visitor

Re: 7950 CD-Rw Autoinsert rogram startup

Sanjay,
Thanks for the quick response but it is not quite what I am looking for. I would like to keep AutoInsert turned on but change what program is activated when a CD is inserted.

Thanks again

John