1752440 Members
5966 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: 8200 Series CD Writers

John Carpenter
Occasional Contributor

8200 Series CD Writers

I know this is way off topic, but HP does not seem to monitor any of the forum posts.

There are a tremendous number of people that are having problems with the Windows XP drivers HP wrote for the 8220/8230 CD writers.

Does anyone know how we can get these CD writers to work with XP?
6 REPLIES 6
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

You are correct that HP support staff does not monitor the forums, because the forums are for customers helping customers. You will find a few HP people here. If you need support, then I'd suggest contacting HP directly. There is a thread in the XP area regarding HP support posted by HP, posted this weekend.

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Have you checked this site:

http://www.hp.com/cposupport/information_storage/support_doc/bpg40428.html

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
harry d brown jr
Honored Contributor

Please read this, as it states it will treat the cd drive as a normal cd drive, to get other support with you will need additional software:

http://www.hp.com/cgi-bin/cposupport/get_doc.pl?SNI=hpcdwriter20788&LC=information_storage&Tfile=lpg40447#P17_550

live free or die
harry
Live Free or Die
melvyn burnard
Honored Contributor

please refer to the Terms and Conditions of the ITRC Useage at:
http://itrc.hp.com/login/bin/doc.pl/screen=coreTermsAndConds/sid=7267f8ba089f438c4a?

Specifically:

User Chat Rooms. HP may, but is not obligated to, monitor or review any areas on the Site where users transmit or post Communications or communicate solely with each other, including but not limited to chat rooms, bulletin boards or other user forums, and the content of any such Communications. HP, however, will have no liability related to the content of any such Communications, whether or not arising under the laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity, or otherwise. HP retains the right to remove messages that include an advertisement for sale, private information on other users and/or HP employees, any material deemed abusive, defamatory, obscene or otherwise unacceptable. Any offenses following a written warning may result in expulsion from the forum.

My house is the bank's, my money the wife's, But my opinions belong to me, not HP!
Mike_173

I have been wrestling with this problem since upgrading to XP over 3 months ago.

*** WARNING *** if you bought your HP CD-writer more than 365 days ago, they will try to charge you $25 before they even try to transfer you to a technician.

They tell you you can look at their maze of a website for free. Good luck finding anything but links to places you've seen 50 times before.

The longer I own any HP product (other than a printer... nothings happened o it yet) the more I realize that HP is no different than any other HUGE company. That is they get so HUGE by making products that make you keep coming back and spending money to support them!

That's just my two cent's worth... unlike HP, I won't charge you $25 dollars for it.

Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

To Mike:

Why do you keep 'wrestling' with the problem, when Harry has provided the solution in his posts? If a hardware manufacturer releases a product before the release of a new O/S, how can the product possibly ship with drivers for the new O/S?

I agree things could be easier to find on HP/Compaq's website, however this forum and Harry have provided the solution you need (or if not, then why not tell us that you followed Harry's instructions and continue to have problems and, guess what, someone here will almost certainly solve your problem).

Becoming frustrated, angry, etc. when you cannot solve a technical problem is counterproductive.

I think I'll just grab my podium and get out of here.

Roger

Make a great day!

Roger