108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: All Hail the new King Jon Finley

SOLVED
Go to solution
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

All Hail the new King Jon Finley

I think it's appropriate to launch this honorary thread to celebrate Jon's advancement to Royalty status here in the Microsoft forums where he has amassed over 2300 of his 2500+ points. He is on track to achieve his goal of being the first person to accumulate 2500 points, all in the Microsoft forums. I'm behind him in second place and have given up on catching him. His knowledge of the subjects in these forums astonishes me and his concise, friendly presentation is delightful.

All Hail King Jon!

Thanks Jon for being so good at this and such a good role model for others.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
30 REPLIES 30
Jon Mattatall
Esteemed Contributor

As a rule, I don't reply to these threads, but Jon has consistently impressed me with the breadth and depth of his knowledge.

Very impressive, very well done, and I congratulate you on behalf of all you've helped and educated.
A little knowledge is dangerous - none is absolutely terrifying!!!
Wodisch
Honored Contributor

Congratulations, Sir Jon Finley!

Few among the royalties happen to show their expertise outside of the *traditional* HP-UX forums, the more impressive is your history.

Glad to have you reigning there :-)

Merijn, any statistics about Sir Jon, and about how many "hard hats" actually *bless* other forums with their knowledge?

Kind regards,
Wodisch
Michael Steele_2
Honored Contributor

Congratulations! (* Always like J-O-N over J-O-H-N *)

Support Fatherhood - Stop Family Law
Norman_21
Honored Contributor

JON,

Enjoy your stay in the Royalty
You have always been very helpful in the forums.I know how hard is the last points but thanks to Roger for starting the Congrats.

I'm attaching your profile here.
http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/UserProfile/1,,CA335131!1,00.html
I like your Personal Quote. Could you please explain what do you mean by "GOT ROOT".
Also, tell us about yourself how long you've been working in the IT industry and how old are you now? No offense please?

Jon Mattatall,

Oh, it took me sometimes to write your last name. However, please allow me to get your attention about the Congrats. The official congrats is from Wizard and higher where everyone should share the congrats, eventhough I don't really agree with this rule which totally ignores people gaining their first hat. I'm not really as good as John Collier in writing such subjects but I'm sure he'll be here soon and will explain more.

Congrats JON Finley and all the best.
"Attitudes are contagious, is yours worth catching"/ My first point was given by SEP on January 31, 2003
Kurt Beyers.
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Jon,

Thanks for your contributions to the ITRC forums and welcome to the royal court. Keep enjoying your stay at the forums.

Kurt

Jon Finley
Honored Contributor
Solution

Wow.... Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement!

The hard work now, will be to see if I can live up to the praise you've all given me.

I can answer SOME of Latif's questions.

"Got Root?" Came from supporting HP-UX for 4 years on Stratus Fault Tolerant systems. It's in the same line as "Got Milk?". Once you've got root, you've got the power to do ANYTHING! Muhhaha... (darn.. did I say that?)

I've been in IT (Professionaly) since 1990 when I starting supporting Windows 1.0 on 80286 systems.

Before that, it was MSDOS 1.0 (forward to 6.21) on IBM PC's (8088 and 8086) in College in 1983.

I believe that EVERYONE who takes the time and attempts to answer questions on any of the forums has talent and things to offer for all of us to learn from.

As for the race to 2500 MS points... I think the REAL race to to the first MS "Dunie". We ALL have a chance at that!

Thanks again!

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

Jon,

I certainly don't hang around the Microsoft forums much, but I can still be impressed by your accomplishment. Please accept my hearty congratulations.

Pete

Pete
Robert-Jan Goossens
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Jon,

Welcome to the royal court!

Regards,

Robert-Jan.
John Poff
Honored Contributor

Congratulations Jon!

I hang out on the HP-UX side of the forum but I am very impressed that you have earned your crown on the Microsoft side. Keep up the good work and welcome to the throne!

JP