Re: All Hail the new King Jon Finley

Congrats Jon.
And an impressive performance!
Rgds,
Jorge
John Bolene
Honored Contributor

Getting points in the MS forum is tough, most folks do not give points here.

Congrats and welcome to the yellow kingly hat.
It is always a good day when you are launching rockets! http://tripolioklahoma.org, Mostly Missiles http://mostlymissiles.com
Dave Palica
Advisor

Great work! Congratulations on this great achievement.

- Dave -
Jeff Schussele
Honored Contributor

Congrats Jon!

Wow, how about that.
The first M$ King.
We're going to have to call you M$ Royalty 1.0
Roger could then be M$ Royalty 2.0 when he gets there as well.

Of course, I understand you NEED XP Pro w/SP2 to properly run Royalty 1.0, but it's all spelled out in the fine print......that you can't see 'til you open the pkg & then it's too late to return it......

Well Done,
Jeff
PERSEVERANCE -- Remember, whatever does not kill you only makes you stronger!
Kimberly Ann
Honored Contributor

John, to have a Microsoft great like Roger speak so highly of you is something to be proud of...great job moving into the Royal arena!

-Dan
Forums Manager
Brian M Rawlings
Honored Contributor

Excellent job, congrats! As one moving (slowly) toward the gold hat, I know it comes slower than the previous ones, and I'm always impressed by those who make it. Especially in M$ land.

Keep a light on, and thanks for all the answers and contributions.

--bmr
We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately. (Benjamin Franklin)
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the Stats Merijn!

Thanks again for opening the thread Roger!

And last.. thank you ALL for contributing your questions, answers and kind posts to this thread. :-)

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
John Collier
Esteemed Contributor

Jon,

No questions, just answers in over 4 years on the forums???

I don???t know about anybody else, but that is impressive to me. What is even more impressive is the broad depth of knowledge you posses in this area and how willing you are to share it with everybody regardless of the circumstances. Maybe one of these days I can live up to the example that you have provided in this arena, but I???m afraid that it will be a long time before that happens.

I guess I have yet to find my true place in these forums as you have done. One of these days it will happen, but for now I am skirting the different areas that I know anything about and just seeing what is out there. That puts me in a unique area simply because I get to see the best of the best in each area and get to know the styles and amount of knowledge they appear to posses. In this area, you are truly on of the most prominent leaders in the M$ arena. It is very difficult to find a M$ thread that doesn???t have your name in it somewhere ;-)

I can???t speak for all of the people here, but I can say that you are truly an inspiration to me and I feel that you deserve this promotion in a really big way. Many congratulations to you on your accomplishment. Hopefully you will feel the urge to continue sharing your impressive knowledge with the rest of us as unselfishly as you have done in the past.

ALL HAIL M$ KING JON!

Latif,

I thank you for the high regards you seem to hold me in on postings such as this, but I think you may give me too much credit at times. I???m no better than anyone else in this regard.

As for Jon Mattatall???s decision to stay out of these types of threads as a general rule, I can???t say that he is skirting any rules or guidelines by choosing to do so. Although we would all like to see everyone join in on such threads, there is no rule that says they all have to. I just hope he realizes that he is welcome to any and all of them at any time he chooses to join in???
"I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again." Stephen Krebbet, 1793-1855
Gregory Lee_1
Regular Advisor

Congratulations Jon!

I have learned alot from your responses! Keep up the good work.

Regards,
Greg
Gary Cantwell
Honored Contributor

Congrats John...

It's an incredible achievement, your responses have got me out of some tricky situations!

Keep up the amazing work,

Gary