Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application CD error msg... "c:\hp\bin\hpbi"

Chris_273
Occasional Advisor

Application CD error msg... "c:\hp\bin\hpbi"

When I tried to load my Application Recovery Disks... I got an error as soon as I started my recovery. The error message was "Error 2 running command c:\hp\bin\hpbi\"

P.S. This thread has been moved from Microsoft > General to Windows 95/98/ME. -HP Forum Moderator

4 REPLIES
T G Manikandan
Honored Contributor

Re: Application CD error msg... "c:\hp\bin\hpbi"

What are you trying to do?
Can you please describe the problem?
Saurav_1
Valued Contributor

Pls elaborate on ur setup. & query

Regards

Saurav
Pete Randall
Outstanding Contributor

"c:" ???

Sounds like a Windoze issue. Try posting your question in this category:

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/FamilyHome/1,,116,00.html

We're HP-UX zealots here - you'll have better luck over in the MicroSoft forum.

Pete

Pete
Chris_273
Occasional Advisor

Well, I tried to reinstall my Crystal Sound drivers from my Application Disks. I got the error C:\hp\bin\hpbi\ soon after it started to run and now it wont reinstall it.

I was trying to reinstall my sound drivers because my AIM program wouldn't work, but strangely all other programs work with sound. If someone can fix the AIM problem i will be happy thank you.

My aim sound doesn't work at all, i tried EVERYTHING, believe me, EVERYTHING, but if u have an idea please dont hesitate to tell me and ill judge to see if i did that or not.

Thank you. PLEASE ANSWER. I will give 10 points to anyone that solves this annoying problem. :-D