Operating System - Microsoft
1752590 Members
3098 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Armada1750-stuck on setup

Cathe_1

Armada1750-stuck on setup

a friend gave me his old Armada1750 it had been striped by his company. I am trying to load Windows on it but everytime i boot it it gets stuck at setup...says looking for devices....100% completed...what do i do???
3 REPLIES 3
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Re: Armada1750-stuck on setup

Cathe:

What version of Windows are you trying to install?

This link will show you a list of all the models of Armada 1750:

http://tinyurl.com/dnhgt

If you could isolate which specific model you have, we might be able to suggest a BIOS upgrade, which could be helpful.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Cathe_1

Hi Roger,

To answer your questions the model is:
Armada1750 6333/T/6400/D/M/3.

I am "trying" to install Windows200 Pro.

Someone else told me to exit the setup program then insert the Windows200 Pro cd when the laptop restarts....but it still won't read it.

Thank you for answering my first question.
Here's hoping the information I've given you will help!

Cathe
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Cathe:

I would begin by installing this BIOS version:

686EM_99.1130 A

if it's not already installed. It can be downloaded from:

http://h18007.www1.hp.com/support/files/Armada/us/locate/20_1092.html

If you've never updated a computer BIOS before, you MUST be very careful and read/understand all the directions before attempting the update. It is possible to permanently damage the computer if you're not very careful. The computer must be running on AC power, not on the battery when the update is performed. If you're not extremely confident of this procedure, hire someone to do it for you.

The only other thing I can suggest is that you determine the hard disk drive model from your computer and consider installing the firmware update from the same link as above. Just be sure to get the right update, depending on whether you have a Toshiba or a Hitachi drive.

Make a great day!

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger