Operating System - Microsoft
1748156 Members
3722 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion

Re: Audio Problem With Pavilion N5425...

SOLVED
Go to solution
A.P.
Occasional Advisor

Hey Rich,

I tried that and I got an error message saying that there are no active mixer devices available. I don't know what to do? When I was doing the diagnostic the problem was with the microsoft synthesizer. Any other suggesstions.

Thanks everyone.
Rich S
Honored Contributor

The driver needs to be relaoded...

On the link I gave you, download the driver for your PC....

ref:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?product=65187&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&submit.y=8&submit.x=10〈=en&cc=us

I know it seems technical, but see if you can find the right driver that matches the one already loaded. Check the wording in the device manager to match the download.

Rich
A.P.
Occasional Advisor

I downloaded the driver that was closest to what was in the device manager. this is what I downloaded:

Windows XP ESS Audio and Modem Drivers for HP Omnibook XE3-GD/GE and Pavilion N5xxx-GD/GE

When downloading it was saying stuff like the one your downloading is older that the one already on your computer. I still let it download. It also said that this doesn't pass the windows logo test. I cancelled the downloading when it was going to download the modem drivers because I wasn't sure if that would mess up my internet connection. Should I let that download also?

Thanks
Rich S
Honored Contributor

yes, an older driver is better than a non working one....

those are standard messages you were getting not to worry...

At least with this driver you have the driver name and version number to upgrade..

A.P.
Occasional Advisor

Hey Rich,

The problem is fixed. You won't believe what it was. It was something so minor, nothing to do with the driver. I went into msconfig, and checked the services that were running and stopped, and my window audio was not even checked! I checked it, restarted windows, and now everything is working. Thanks everyone for all the help. I still can't believe how simple the solution was, and why that was not checked to begin with I have no idea.

Thank you to all
Rich S
Honored Contributor

Glad to hear it AP...

Now you know a little more about your PC than before.... :)

Rich

How Do I Assign Points?

Points are the "thanks" that a person gives for the help on a scale of 1-10.

Only the question author can assign points to a given response. If you submit a question or new topic and another member replies to it, you will see a dropdown menu of points next to the reply (you must be logged in to see the menu). Select the point value and then click the "submit points" button. Note that you can rate multiple replies and submit them at one time.
Chandan Kumar_1
Honored Contributor

Hi,

Glad to know that issue is resolved.

Happy Chrismas day!
Chandan
Learn. Share. Inspire.
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

HI A.P.
Glad you got it fixed, yes if the service is not running it would not work, had not thought of that at first, because it would not normaly turn of.

Hope it stays on this time, but now you do know some more thing about windows sound configuration. Alsmost every problem has it advantages.

Have a nice day,
Regards, Ronald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
A.P.
Occasional Advisor

Thank you everyone for all the kind help and suggestions with my problem. I am definitely more familiar with my pc.