Operating System - Microsoft
1754014 Members
7417 Online
108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Black window on projector

De Kort David

Black window on projector

I have a problem with the HP NC6000 when I connect it the a projector.
I want to display the ppc and the projector, everything is ok, untill I play a dvd. (al the rest of the display is fine, only the window of the dvd-player is black)
On the ppc I can see the dvd running, but on the projector the window of the dvd-software is black.
When I select only the projector, than it runs ok on the projector.
I did an update of the display driver/software, but nothing helps.

4 REPLIES 4
Ronald Postma
Honored Contributor

Re: Black window on projector

Hi David,
Can you try with a normal external monitor? If this does work it may be the projector that does not support this feature.

Have a nice day,
Regards, Eonald
The logic of Microsoft: "Press START to shut down the pc"
De Kort David

The projector works fine, because everything works fine with a HP NC6220
Chad Miller_5
Trusted Contributor

Does it work if you toggle the notebook display off?

What affect does changing the refresh rate on he notdbook have? Tried 60Hz?

What model projector do you have? Have you tried S-Video in liu of the VGA cable?

I assume the video image appears on the notebook's LCD, but not on the projector simultaneously? Have you looked at the video properties of the playback software you're using? What are you using exactly? Windows Media Player, DVDExpress, other?
De Kort David

If I toggle the notebook display off, than I everything runs fine on the projector.
I've tried different refresh rates, and we can not try another cable to the projector, because everting is build in.
And the dvd runs only on the projector are on the PPC, but not simultaneously.
But the strange thing is that everthings is working fine simultaneously, but only the dvd gives a black windows on one of the devices.
I've tried different programs to display the dvd, but all the same problem.
But the problem is only on the NC6000, not on the Armada M700, not on the N600,610C and not on the NC6220.