Simpler Navigation for Servers and Operating Systems - Please Update Your Bookmarks
Completed: a much simpler Servers and Operating Systems section of the Community. We combined many of the older boards, so you won't have to click through so many levels to get at the information you need. Check the consolidated boards here as many sub-forums are now single boards.
If you have bookmarked forums or discussion boards in Servers and Operating Systems, we suggest you check and update them as needed.
Operating System - Microsoft
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue colour monitor and graphic card?

Cheng Luo
Advisor

Blue colour monitor and graphic card?

The blue colour screen of My computer of HP Ominbook XE3 has happened several times during 2 years, I was trying to figure out. Today when blue color screen happen again I use a normal big monitor, and it works. So I wonder if the blue color in my notebook is because of graphic card, which may have some kind of problem.

Anyone like to explain more, and if so possible to change? Thanks! Cheng
hyva
3 REPLIES
Jon Finley
Honored Contributor

Re: Blue colour monitor and graphic card?

If when receiving the blue color on the laptop screen, you plug an external monitor in, and it displays the colors properly, then it's NOT your video card, or it would display the same way on the external monitor.

It sounds like your built-in display is having problems.

Jon
"Do or do not. There is no try!" - Yoda
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Cheng:

Post the computer model and perhaps there is a newer driver which might help. Otherwise, someone will have to open up the computer and check the connections from the main board to the display.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Cheng Luo
Advisor

Dear Jon and Rodger,

Thank you very much!

Actually the blue screen still come after over night, which it used to became normal after 2 hours switch-off before. Now I just have to use external monitor.

My computer modelSystem:

Microsoft windown 2000

HP OmniBook PC XE3 pentium III 750 HZ, hard disk 20GB
x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping 6
AT/AT compatible
261,616 KB RAM

Thank you very much!

Cheng
hyva