1753818 Members
8796 Online
108805 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Blue screen

Sandra B
Occasional Advisor

Blue screen

I have a new Proliant Dl160 G5P using Windows Server 2008 32 bit. When I try to copy files from the USB drive to the hard drive I get the blue screen of death. Does anyone know what causes this?
Thanks,
Sandra
10 REPLIES 10
avizen9
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Blue screen

hello looks your server doesnt have proper usb drivers,

when you get blue screen get some error no, have you try to find out the error on google with that no., thanks,
Gary Benavides Meza
Trusted Contributor

What is the BSOD that you are getting, what is the error and the stop code?
Sandra B
Occasional Advisor

Here's the full text of the error...

"
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or terminated.

It this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:
** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x867E2D90, Ox867E2EDC, 0x81853400)

Collecting data for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
Sandra B
Occasional Advisor

Here's the full text of the error...

"
A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or terminated.

It this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup Options, and then select Safe Mode.

Technical information:
** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x867E2D90, Ox867E2EDC, 0x81853400)

Collecting data for crash dump ...
Initializing disk for crash dump ...
TConn
Regular Advisor

0x000000f4 errors can be caused by missing system files, corrupt registry or maybe even a damaged USB port or stick.
Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it.
Sandra B
Occasional Advisor

We reformated the disk and reloaded the operating system but still get the blue screen.
TConn
Regular Advisor

Maybe a hardware issue.
Those who say it can not be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it.
Sandra B
Occasional Advisor

Does anyone know what the master/slave settings between the hard drives and DVD drives inside the box are suppose to be?

We did add to hard drives after we received the servers.
Sandra B
Occasional Advisor

Would you all believe that when I installed Windows Server 2008 SP2, it fixed the problem with the blue screen. :>)

Thanks for trying to help me.
Sandra