1748180 Members
4157 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: CDRW SCAN DISK PROGRAM

Robert Carrier

CDRW SCAN DISK PROGRAM

Hi,
I recently lost information on my CDRW Disk. I had files, photos and some power point presentations. While downloading from the internet my computer froze up. I could not remove the disk at that time, And I was forced to re-boot. Now when I go to access my Read Write able disk. I have been informed that the disk file system was changed from "CDUDFRW" to "CDFS". So does anyone have an idea? I was told that doing a "Scan disk" would fix the error. However my program Adaptec will only do Write able disk's, and not Read Write able. Help!! Or am I Out of luck.

Bob.
4 REPLIES 4
Mark Stewart
Frequent Advisor

Adaptec and scandisk should have nothing to do with one another. Whoever told you to use scandisk meant to use the one in the Windows - System Tools. About the only thing you are going to be able to get Adaptec to do is erase the disk. If scandisk doesn't help you, call your IT department and I bet one of the tech's can see if they can salvage any of the info. In the meantime, I would remove adaptec from your machine and install something like Nero. Does this help at all?
Robert Carrier

Hi Mark,
Thanks for the reply, I'll try that. Hey on another note. Your name sounds familiar. Are you in Seattle?
Mark Stewart
Frequent Advisor

Nope.. must be a different guy.. I'm on the east coast.
Robert Carrier

Hi,
Thnaks, and have a good day.

v/r Bob.