1753424 Members
4787 Online
108793 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Can I get sound recorder (Microsoft) work in my OmniBook XE3

Cheng Luo
Advisor

Can I get sound recorder (Microsoft) work in my OmniBook XE3

I saw I have a microphone socket behind my notebook computer (OmniBook XE3), the front one is for earphone, but didn't work. the Same device I used in my desktop computer works nicely with the software, Sound recorder. I wonder it need some card in my notebook? Cheng
hyva
2 REPLIES 2
Roger Faucher
Honored Contributor

Cheng:

Every version of Windows is a little different so let us know what you're running.

In Windows 2000, go to Device Manager and make sure your sound card appears there with no error conditions. Then, go to Control Panel/Sounds and Multimedia/Audio/Sound Recording/Volume and set the volume up high, then launch Sound Recorder and click on the Record button and speak into the microphone. You should see the green line reflect your voice's sound waves. Click Stop, Rewind and Play and you should hear your recorded voice. If it doesn't work, return here and tell us where it fails and how. Don't forget to tell us what OS you're running. Thanks.

Roger
Make a great day!

Roger
Cheng Luo
Advisor

Thanks! Roger,

I got the sound recorder function now following your instruction. Thank you very much! I am using WIN2000 as OS.
By the way I wonder if there is free software to do word input (not only record), at least for 3 month trial. Thanks! Cheng
hyva